Atlas Capital Advisors is an independent, S.E.C. registered investment advisor based in San Francisco. We provide customized investment solutions that deliver performance at a reasonable price. Our systematic investment approach is grounded in academic and proprietary research. We emphasize strong risk management and capital preservation. Our clients compensate us on a fee-only basis.
We are quantitative money managers who value
Our Investment Philosophy
Evidence Based Methodology
At Atlas Capital Advisors, we've formulated our equity investment thinking over a number of years, drawing heavily from personal experience and leading academic research. Successful investing requires a long term perspective. Too frequently the investing community can focus on near term results or the latest fad , neither of ...
Keep Fees Low
Atlas operates as a registered investment advisor and fees are charged on invested assets without the return-sharing typical of hedge funds or the layering of costs typical of fund of funds, investment brokerage firms and insurance companies. There have been numerous academic studies quantifying how the layering of fees adversely affects client ...
Transaction Costs Matter
Transaction costs can have a large impact of portfolio performance. Our proprietary software incorporates all three levels of the transactional cost pyramid when making our trading decisions. Most people tend to focus on commissions when they think about transaction cost, but commissions turn out to have a small overall impact ...
HOW IS ATLAS DIFFERENT
- We believe that asset allocation is the primary driver of returns
- We believe that through academically tested factors, our client portfolios can perform slightly better than the market
- We believe a financial advisor should not get paid based on what products their clients use
- We believe most of what is sold in the industry is not necessarily in the best interest of the client
- We are a fiduciary to our clients – placing client’s interests ahead of our own
- We invest our own assets in the same strategies that we invest our client assets